Sr. Device Characterization Engineer
Based in Silicon Valley, Pakal Technologies is comprised of industry-leading technologists focused on solving the biggest challenges in power conversion with simple silicon solutions.
Our team has led development of many technologies, including the trench MOSFET, the SBR diode family, and FERD diode family, has now invented our revolutionary IGTO, and is working on many new and exciting technologies.
We are always looking for great people to join our team. If you love working with innovative technologies and delivering industry-leading results, Pakal is the place for you!
We are looking for an experienced device characterization engineer to join our team.
- Characterization of device performance and preparation of characterization reports
- Write and debug test programs for device characterization
- Analyze test data, perform root cause analysis of device failures, and define solutions
- Recommend improvements to device structure based on characterization data
- Develop new and innovative techniques to streamline characterization process
- Identify and resolve device performance issues promptly
- Present test results in accurate and clear manner
- Assist development and manufacturing engineers in designing and developing new devices
- High level of self-motivation and drive to make an impact
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Exceptional candidates with other technical backgrounds will be considered
- Hands-on experience with electronics laboratory instrumentation equipment, preferably in power electronics
- Excellent programming skills, preferably with Python
- Familiarity and understanding of mixed-signal circuits
- Familiarity with power semiconductor device characterization preferred
- Strong statistical analysis and numerical modeling skills
Pakal Technologies, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.